Is there a getVideoByHash(video.videoHash) function?

Hello, I’m developing a plugin, and have been able to bring images to my Express app in a POST by let image = figma.getImageByHash(paint.imageHash)
and then running image.getBytesAsync(). Then sending this uint8Array to Express/Multer.

Are there going to be similar functions added for video? I tried accessing a video in a prototype using its hash i.e. figma.getImageByHash(video.videoHash) but no luck. Sorry if this isn’t very clear. Thanks and love all the cool new features!

All the best, Edan

3 Likes

Yes this will be added.

Update: I misunderstood the question, thought you meant all video APIs but those are already available. Getting an uploaded video from Figma seems to be not possible currently and I saw no mention of it ever becoming available. But it probably should be released at some point of course.

Hi there! Just adding a +1 that I would love to see something like getVideoByHash(videoHash). It’d be super useful for helping make plugins that can stylize video!

2 Likes

Quick update here: seems like the Figma team is working on introducing this in the next release or two (the release cycle is ~4 weeks).

Source: https://twitter.com/jediahkatz/status/1628162168305733639?s=61&t=YCJEAIDVlCaaFhWAj_rWZw

So hopefully, we will have this soon :crossed_fingers:.

For now as a workaround, we can ask users to select their videos from their local drive again.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that was a cannard.

There’s no set date for that API feature.

Videos can only be exported manually via the inspect panel for now

1 Like

Sadly that is correct, there is still no way to do this :cry:

Are there any updates here? We would love to be able to do more with videos in our plugins :face_holding_back_tears: