Interactive Table: Sticky Column & Sticky Row

Hi there!

I am trying to create a table that has a sticky row and sticky column. Does anyone know how to do this? I’d like for the whole thing to scroll together. I’ve seen a few people post about this but no answers yet.

Let me know if anyone has figured this out!

1 Like
  1. Select the Row or Column
  2. Under constraints (Right panel)
  3. Tick Fix position when scrolling

@keni Thanks so much for your response! I’m am aware of how to create simple sticky/fixed position items in figma with scrolling enabled. My question is how do I create a fixed column and a fixed row that work in conjunction so I can scroll down the whole data table.

Do you know if this can be accomplished?

Can frame whole data table, so it can scroll down.

Have you tried the Horizontal/Vertical Scrolling option in the prototype panel?

Hi there again! Yes, I can make it horizontal and vertical scroll at the same time but that is not what I’m trying to achieve.

So the left panel, it is sticky to where you can scroll left to right and still see column one. The top row is the labels that are sticky. That content would scroll horizontal.

The frame would need to hold both sticky elements, then be able to scroll and that is where I am having the issue. It will not let the frame those sticky elements that have their own scrolls while being able to scroll vertically.

Does this make sense?

Like in excel right? I’m looking for the same solution, but guess it’s not possible?

2 Likes

Yes, currently this is not possible, because Figma doesn’t have such functionality. But you can create an imitation of this behavior.

Example:

Source: Фигма-чат.

6 Likes

Wow this is great! I think this will do for my current needs. Thanks a lot for the tip. :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for adding the example file! Is there any way you could send me an editable version so I can see all of the layer and frame settings?

Duplicate the file in your drafts to be able to edit.

1 Like

Use Scroll behaviour in Prototype settings. Set position to sticky and Overflow to no scrolling. That should help.