For the past few months I’ve been able to see my images on my file but for the past few days all the previews have disappeared & I’ve tried to update Figma, update my computer, clear my Figma cache and nothing has worked. The images are still within the Figma but I just can’t view them
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with images preview on Figma! Is it happening in your browser, desktop app or both?
To cover some basics, please check your internet speed and connection to make sure your device is online.
If you are using Figma in the browser: quit your internet browser application, then relaunch it. And, for the desktop app: right-click on the file’s tab and select Reload Tab.
Could you also please confirm the following:
- Do the images load if you open this file in another browser, the desktop app or an incognito/private window?
- Our supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.
- If the issue seems specific to browser, we’d suggest disabling any ad-blockers, antivirus firewalls or clearing the cache.
(Ad Blockers or a similar extension will prevent images from loading)
- Do the images load if you connect to a different network? (e.g. mobile hotspot)
Usually, this issue can be fixed by clearing the cache. Can you do me a favor and clear once again your browser cache as well as the desktop cache to see if that helps, please?
As a reminder, you can clear the desktop app cache on a Mac in the Help menu under Troubleshooting. If you’d prefer to manually clear your cache you can:
- Quit the Figma desktop app
- Open Terminal.app and enter the following command:
rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma"
- Try opening the desktop app again
You can clear the desktop app cache on Windows under the toggle-arrow at the right of the top toolbar under Help > Troubleshooting. If you’d prefer to manually clear your cache you can:
- Close the Figma desktop app
- Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter:
- In the window that opens, delete the
DesktopProfilefolders if they exist
More information on Image loading and performance in our Help Center article here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052988373-Image-loading-and-performance
If this doesn’t help, please share a copy of your file to email@example.com to this file as an editor (this won’t affect your billing at all) and a link of your file so we can try to replicate and investigate further. (If you can’t share it publicly, feel free to share it to our support team here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) Hope it helps!