I can't change color of child element

This is the second time this week. I can change the colors in the component, but for some children have bugs with color change. It is displayed as in all elements of the group the same color, but if you select one, it shows another, which is not subject to change.
Only restarting the application helps to solve the problem, restarting the project does not help.

4 Likes

same problem!! please fix this bug :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Have you managed to solve it?

1 Like

I have the same problem, color and settings of instant elements don’t change please fix the bug :relieved:

1 Like

I experience this problem too. :smiling_face_with_tear: Appeared randomly a few days ago. Problem exists in both browser and desktop app. Restarting the application wont help either.

Only way I can get it to change color is to either select bottom layer element or to first “unlink” the color style from the selection.

@user608 Can you share a link to your file? Maybe we can find a workaround.

This issue keeps popping up almost quarterly.

Someone had a very hacky solution a few months back that resolved the issue in our design system but I can no longer find that post. Shame on me for not bookmarking it.

I can’t share our file publicly but I would be happy to chat privately if it would help resolve this bug once and for all.

Edit: I should note that restarting the application, along with reloading all tabs did not resolve the issue for me. I updated yesterday which happens to coincide with this issue rearing it’s head again so I suspect the current build of the native app has a bug.

1 Like

I’ve got a similar bug but it’s super inconsistent. All my icons are named exactly the same with all settings are identical. But I could only change the colors of a few :smiling_face_with_tear:.

After hours of debugging, I finally found the workaround, which is to Flatten (Cmd + E) the shape of the main component :roll_eyes:. I don’t know why it worked or why the bug affects some and not the others. It’s really frustrating but at least I found a workaround. Might worth a try if you run into the same problem.

1 Like