How to delete a variant property

I simply want to delete the property “Label Size” on all my variants. I could do this by renaming the layers and removing “Label Size=Sm” but I have hundreds of variants and that would take forever… I can’t right click on the property anywhere.

CleanShot 2022-05-31 at 16.47.11

First select the Component Set and then:

3 Likes

Ah! Have to select the set, thanks!!

4 Likes

Hi ! the solution don’t work for me : I select the the component set (“edit_info_layer”) which is composed of two variants with a single property (“SCOPE”). In the Properties parameters panel, no option will pop on a right-click. When hovering the property name, the edition icon is display and it only allows to rename or target the variant with each value.
Capture d’écran 2022-07-21 à 15.33.44
Any clue will be welcome :pray:
Thanx,
Alec

1 Like

What do you want to do?

Delete the property " SCOPE "

1 Like

It is not possible to create Variants in a Component Set without properties, or delete a single property. If you don’t need properties, then don’t combine components as variants. And if already combined, then:

5 Likes
  1. Select all variants and drag outside the purple border.

Works great and simple as " Bonjour ". Thank you so much :pray:

3 Likes

This is great, but is there a way to do this without losing the component description?

Which layer (object) has a description added to? To a Component Set or Variant within a Component Set?
If to Variant, then the description should remain.

I understand. Unfortunately, the description is added to the component set.

To give you more context, I’m talking about the official Material Design Icons library. I was trying to extract one style but keep the description tags from the component set for better search results.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

I can only suggest that you write a script (or find a plugin in the Figma Community with such functionality) that will take the description from the Component Set and apply it to the Variants within it.

1 Like

I’ll keep digging. Thanks again!

Exactly how I found this thread. I have removed all variants and have “rounded” left and would like to remove “rounded” and leave the icon asset the way it is.

1 Like