Hide Hotspot Hints on Click Unavailable in Mobile App

Although there is an option to “Show/hide hotspot hints on click” within the options menu in the web/desktop app prototype view, there is no such option in the mobile app.

As mentioned by everyone else who has requested this feature, this is critical for user testing with the mobile app.

This issue has been posted and ignored several times over several years, so I will continually reply to this thread to prevent it from expiring until it receives a reply from the Figma team:
1. November 28th, 2018: How do you disable hotspot hinting in the Figma mirror app?
2. February 18th, 2020: Remove Hotspots in Mirror App
3. July of 2021: How do you turn off touch hints in Figma Mirror?
4. August of 2021: ​Figma Mirror invisble hotspots
5. October of 2021: Remove hotspots from Figma Mirror
6. October of 2021: Prototyping in Figma Mirror: hiding hotspot hints

Please read the description of the request carefully instead of replying by saying that this feature exists in the desktop app. I am referring to the mobile app.

Thank you!

6 Likes

You can turn off hotspots in the mobile app.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. Although I do see this option in the prototype menu on the iOS mobile app, it is unresponsive. Tapping that option does not affect the visibility of the hotspot hints in the prototype.

1 Like

Hey @aronruiz,

I had the same issue and had a chat with the Figma Support who told me that they indeed found a bug in my case and that it will be fixed in iOS 21.12.0 which will be released on the 2nd of August. Hopefully it will work for you then as well.

2 Likes

The hotspot hints still do not turn off on mobile. Did the update from the 2nd of August work for anyone else?

2 Likes

You can turn off hotspot on Android Tablet, however the problem persists on iPad, which is concerning because our users are majority iOS

1 Like

Also can’t turn them off when mirroring.

2 Likes

Please make a fix for iOS. We record the prototypes as movies but whenever we click anywhere we see the blue hotspot.

2 Likes

Very disappointed this hasn’t been fixed. We have a UT today and it will hinder the results:(

3 Likes

I hope to turn off the hotspot when mirroring;( it is essential in user testing. I hope Figma can add this option to the mirror function.

2 Likes

The issue seems to be resolved in version 22.10.1 of the Android app, although I’m not sure about the iOS app.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, @aronruiz!

We’ll pass this along to our team and have them look into the status of the iOS app.

1 Like

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when a feature you need is missing, especially when it has been requested for so long.

1 Like

Still nothing on this ?

1 Like

Still not working. We are having a user test tomorrow and due to this bug it is going to be totally nonsense as the users will see all the hotspots.
We are using iOS devices.

Please Figma, solve this asap - it will be a life saving function.

1 Like

I would appreciate the option to turn off hotspot hints when using the Mirror feature. I can turn off hotspot hints when running a prototype from the iPad app directly, but not when using mirror, which makes it impossible to use mirror for user testing on real devices.

I’m using the latest version (23.18.0) of the Figma iOS app on iPad.

Here are two screenshots from the iOS app, first the missing option in the Mirror, seconds the options when running the prototype directly on iPad.

2 Likes

Hi team. We really need this feature, it’s 2024 [6 years after it was first posted]. Can we please make this possible?
Thank you