Hide components from search results in the same file

I know there’s an option to hide the components from a linked library by prefixing them with a “_” or a “.” but I also have components within my file that I don’t want to see on the search results. Is there a way to achieve this?

12 Likes

Currently this is not possible so I moved your topic to #product-ideas.

3 Likes

Hi @Oscar, did you find a trick to help you with that? I actually have the same need, to hide local components. Currently, I’m prefixing them with an emoji :lock: so I can visually know which components are “locked”. I was wondering if anyone had another technique

1 Like

Hey @Jerome_Dupraz, unfortunately I haven’t found a work around or plugin. I’m still dealing with this problem but I guess I’ve learnt to live with it lol. Hopefully they’ll solve this problem soon, it would be super useful for all of us who work with “base components” meanwhile I’m going to try your :closed_lock_with_key:idea.

3 Likes

Hey…Did you find any solution for this? I am also looking for this, but I did not find any yet.

1 Like

Nope, not yet :frowning:

Thank you for your response!. Any other logic you are handling this?.
I am actually giving a different name to the component that I don’t want them to display when searching.

This would be so helpful for nested components. My search results are bloated. I currently use X / Component Name / Prop Name but maybe ill add the :lock: see how that is received.

Bumping this. It is a genuine need.
Search results are sooo bloated. Sucks when you’re creating a large system