Figma dont work

Today I downloaded the .fig file and tried to open it with Figma by dragging it onto the program - nothing worked for me. Then I configured Windows so that files with the .fig extension open in Figma, after that, when I try to load any project, the program crashes. Doesn’t throw any errors, nothing. It just closes if I open the program without tabs - everything works. I tried to completely clean all the system files and folders of the program, delete all the roots through the registry, reinstall the program - but nothing helps. Everything works fine in Google Chrome, but the desktop version doesn’t load anymore. I do not know what to do with this, does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I’ve got the same error, have you fixed it? Which OS do you have?

1 Like

I have Windows 7

My thoughts for this is that the Figma team dropped support for Windows 7 (On W10 works fine). As the program is a web based tool, I don’t think we can go back to an older version…

I hope I’m wrong and maybe is just a bug on this OS versions and can get fixed soon.

Same here from today, win 7

I’m on windows 7. Try my solution Figma crushing and it's solution for it

Open your figma folder (C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Figma) and rename latest app-116.**** folder.

same, win7

I solved this problem in the simplest way - by installing windows 10 :)))

1 Like