Developers seeing different font weight in Inspect panel than designers with editor access

Hi there! We ran into an issue where designers with editor access see one font weight in the inspect panel, but developers selecting the same text layer see a different font weight in the inspect panel. Any ideas regarding how or why this is happening, and which is correct?

Screenshots below (had to redact some info):

Developer view:

Editor view:

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 Likes

Does anyone also still have this issue? Because we do.

1 Like

Yes it is occurring in our view as well. In a font we are using, our designers see 700 weight but in dev view it shows 600.

Hi, yes we see something similar.

I think it has to do with the font naming differences between font files for desktop (.otf) and server-side font files (.woff). Why font companies don’t reconcile all the weights with names is a mystery.

Same here.

I am seeing this issue as well with most typefaces

Hi there! Thanks for flagging this. Our engineering team has solved the issue (@Amber_McLain , I saw your ticket in our backend, and the Museo Sans Font weight issue has been fixed.)

For others, if your issue still persists, please reach out to the support team directly with a copy of your file and indicates which Font you encounter that issue by filling this form here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com, so we can take a closer look. Thank you!