Figma Support Forum

Copy Paste From Illustrator

Hello guys,

This is my first topic here.

I’ve started using Figma few months ago, getting used to it and I really like it, since I use Adobe for years, Figma is intuitive and have a very good performance on the app.

The reason I’m opening this topic it’s because I can’t normally copy/past assets from illustrator any more.

I used to copy larg group of vectors, text, etc and Figma used to recognize them perfectly, now when I paste items from Illustrator or even Adobe XD it paste as Images, not as a group of vectors.

I’ve tried to copy/paste from different computers and still the same result

There is any suggestion on how to copy/paste vector/text again?

Thank you!

Regards

2 Likes

You need to go to Illustrator settings and enable copying as SVG.

It’s already set like this,

On windows and macbook

And this is the result when I paste a group:

Edit: It works only with vectors, I noticed that this happens when I copy text and that doesnt happened before

Hmm that’s weird. Maybe try disabling this setting, saving settings and then turning it on again? I don’t know what else could be wrong with Illustrator here.

I actually copy pasted to Adobe XD, worked fine, then copied from Adobe XD to Figma, same result :frowning:

I have the same problem when copying and pasting text from MS OneNote 2016 into Figma. It pastes the text as an image.
There are no options in OneNote that I am aware of to copy objects as an SVG; and this would not make sense for text anyway.
It feels like a bug to me that only happens when copying from certain apps. I can copy the same text from OneNote to Notepad++ and then to Figma and it is pasted correctly as a text object.
N.B. i have just filed a bug report about this.

I came across the same issue with Copy and Paste from Illustrator not working with Illustrator 2021 on Windows.
Will test with older versions.

Update: Works fine with version 25.1, fails with 25.3