Components suddenly reset all changes to the components without any editing

Hello, our team has encountered an issue in our Figma file that has not been edited for quite some time. Suddenly, all input components have reset to the main component, and the texts have changed to the master text. None of our team members have manipulated the text or pressed “Reset all changes”. Just yesterday, all text changed to the master text “John Smith”. Do you have any ideas why this happened? Is it a bug or did we do something wrong on our part? We have a very extensive design library, and sometimes components suddenly change or break without any editing. Thank you in advance! :pray:

Hi @Linda_Laganovska_Mapon, Thank you for reaching out about resetting override. I understand that you may find this behavior to be unusual.

Just to confirm, your design file has an instance with text overrides, and these overrides are resetting to the main component without selecting [Reset all changes], is that correct?

Could you please inform us if those libraries where the main component located has been updated and on the subscribed file also updated with the latest component version?

If the text overrides reset after updating the library, please check if any changes to the main component have affected the component structure, hierarchy, or layer names.
Figma will retain any changes made to text layers if the name of the text layer is the same across components and if the text layer’s hierarchy is similar.
For more details, you can refer to the [Preserve overrides] section in this article: Apply overrides to instances

If the situation described in this article doesn’t apply, I suggest to reach out to our support team directly through this link: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
To assist our support team in investigating why those overrides are resetting, kindly provide the following information:

1. Please ensure you use your Figma account email address.
  2. Share file links and add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to those files (this won’t impact your billing):
    • The working file where instance overrides has been resetting without updating library/Reset all changes
    • The library file containing main components

I hope this information proves helpful. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
If I missed anything, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you!