Component text jumping up

Hey Figma community - is anyone having issues with text jumping up the frame on click?

What’s happening is the following:

1. I have design system components and my own components in a spec file, including inputs, buttons, etc. A lot of these instances have text props
  2. Clicking on the text, or even the component makes the text layer jump up. This is affecting text in auto layout too, where it will jump 1 or 2 times above the frame bounds of the box
  3. Only fix I have without resetting, is setting the text layer to align middle
  4. Otherwise I’m resetting all and reconfiguring my component

Is anyone else dealing with this issue? If so, have you fixed it? Or what are your work arounds?

Outline mode image for example, but you can see the top tab bar’s text has “jumped” up, while the fresh instance has everything on its baseline

Also having this issue. It seems to be related to components with text layers (both local and in external library).

Detaching the component temporarily resolves the issue (you can undo the detach after it is resolved), but it seems to happen again even after the temporary resolution. I’ve submitted a support request as well, just adding a +1 here.

2 Likes

I had the same issue,I changed smart animate to dissolve.If you want same effect as smart animate,slow effect can come near to it,though will not be exactly the same effect.

Hey there
I noticed a similar problem on our project, when I tried to detect the root of the problem, I noticed that one of our teammates had done something wrong.

that was it: the whole auto layout was set to “Hug content” and on the other hand, the component inside of it were set to “Fill container”, so Figma couldn’t see the proper logic to calculate. To fix this, you just need to change of them.

generally Figma changes one of them, according to the last change to prevent this bug, but sometimes it goes wrong and runs to a bug.

I guess it will solve your problem too, and there will be no more jumpy-jumpy auto layouts or components or text layers :wink:

cheers

I just experienced this as well, the additional text box in the bottom two states of the button were off by 2 pixels, so it was making my letters do the two-step boogey!

Hi There, Thanks for reaching out about this issue. Have you had a chance to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

Another factor to keep in mind is that this issue might be arise from the use of conflicting font files within your team. You can find more details here:
Manage conflicting fonts

If this issue is affecting the appearance of your components, you might want to try using the ‘Regenerate all Instances’ tool. It’ll refresh the appearance of all your instances simultaneously in this page.

• Top left Figma icon > Quick Actions > Regenerate all instances (slow)

If none of these work, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
When you contact our support team, please provide the following:

1. Use your Figma account’s email address.
  2. A brief video recording showing the issue, including the entire window with the Properties and Layers Panel visible, and the relevant layers expanded.
  3. Share the design file and any related library links, and please add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to those files (this won’t impact your billing).
  4. Let our support team know what troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried.

I hope these steps help! Let us know if I overlook anything.

Thanks,