Figma Support Forum

Component override controls

it would be nice if the inspector would list overrideable / swappable nested components without one having to drill down into the component’s layers.

This would allow to quickly select multiple components and change an override for all of them. Currently I have to click through the relevant layers of all marked components to adjust the overrides in bulk: E.g. changing an icon override for multiple components.

4 Likes

Agree so much with this, as it would massively improve the usability of components as well as reduce the work required. At the moment, I’m creating components with nested variants, but in order to make it obvious what the component can do I’m creating variants of the top level component that changes the inner variants. A lot of work, but otherwise the nested capabilities are hidden/lost when people go to use the component :cry:

2 Likes

Am curious to see how you are achieving this as I am having the same issue. Love auto layout and everything I can do with it be when our designers use the components the nested components require too many clicks