Can't tag users in comments

I can’t tag some users in comments. When I type @, only a few users are listed, not all. This seem to affect selected users (other users are able to tag the users that are not shown for me).

Can it be a user-level permission issue? I used to be able to tag those users without problem in the past.

This happens on the web, as well as on Figma Desktop App version 116.0.4 (MacOS 12.4).

4 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue too and it’s driving me bananas. If there is a reason for this behavior, I should know why so that I can remedy it.

bump. I’d like to know this too!

Bananas for sure. Seems like a simple thing, but when it doesn’t work it really kills our ability to collaborate. This is still happening for me (March of 2023). I can mention 2 people, but no one else. Strangly, I can mention someone who isn’t even a part of this file/project/team (they are a part of another file in the same project). But I can’t mention someone I’ve specifically invited to this file.

1 Like

I was able to get this working the following way.
I asked the person I was trying to @ mention to add a comment and tag me. As soon as he did that, I was able to mention him. I don’t know if it was just the comment alone, or also mentioning me that fixed it, but that worked for me at least.

1 Like