Can't paste the text to the figjam active text layer from the figma text layer

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
Copied text from figma text layer can’t be pasted to the figjam active text layer that already has been edited. But It works when nothing is selected in figjam and you just pasting the text into the canvas, so the new text layer created automatically

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?

1. Click to edit the text layer in the figma
  2. Select the contents and press Cmd+C
  3. Navigate to the figjam file
  4. Create text layer in figjam
  5. Enter something in the recently created text layer and leave it focused
  6. Press Cmd+V
  7. Nothing happens

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Tried only in desktop app

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)
Figma Desktop App version 97.7

Not sure if this is expected behavior or not, but will log with the team. Thanks for reporting @Nikita_Korotkevych :slight_smile:

Is this expected behavior Im having the same issues.

Sometimes I can copy the text and paste in figma and sometimes I can not

Hi @Nikita_Korotkevych and @Lauren_Palma, this is indeed a bug and the team have addressed the issue in the latest release! Please give it a spin and let us know if you have any questions.

Hi, I’m facing this issue on and off since yesterday. I’m trying to copy text from a FigJam board into a Figma file and nothing happens. I’m using the desktop app and MacOS 13.6
Anyone else facing this still?

Hey @vasuta.kalra, sorry to hear you’re having trouble!

This was a FigJam bug from April 2021. If you’re having issues with something similar, it may be a new bug. Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a screen recording and/or a link to your file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look.