Can't get out of Mindmap mode in Figjam

Hello, I accidentally clicked on “Start a mind map” in FigJam, so the text block is now behaving differently.

My question: is there a way to get out of the mindmap mode in FigJam? (to get back to the text block as it was before clicking that button). Thanks.

(It is a great feature but the button disappears. So my only option was to copy the mindmap-text, paste it on a notepad, copy it again, and paste it back on FigJam.)

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch! To exit the mindmap mode, you can simply click anywhere on the canvas or press ‘esc’ on your keyboard. I’ve attached a quick video to double-check if this is what you’re looking to do.

If there’s anything I’ve missed or if you need further assistance, just let me know!

Cheers,
Toku

1 Like

Hello @y_toku,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply! The quick video is very nice as well. Though I’m afraid it does not answer my question, I’ll try to ask it differently:

On the video, once you wrote “Abcde”, you then click on the Mind-map icon. And at that moment, the text box changes, it becomes larger (and has a line on the right side to start a mind-map).
My question was: once this happens, how do you change back the “large mind-map text block” to its previous state (a “normal text block”) ?
In other words, how do you “cancel” the mind-map format? (If it is even possible).

This would be useful for lines I thought needed a mind-map but turned out to not need it. Thanks

2 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: Ran into this as well I accidentally copy and pasted a lot of text boxes that had the “Mind-map” feature turned on and wanted to try to turn it off on those text boxes but could not find a way to turn it off.

1 Like