Cannot remove italic from font text style

Things were working just fine until today Figma randomly decided to make my Body text style into italic, although it is 16pt Larsseit and Regular.

Somehow the font file has switched and when I deactivate the italic (CMD+I) it changes the font back, but then looses the link to the text style, and so I’m stuck.

My question is: how do I go about re-installing a font, or re-linking the correct font files?

I’m working on Figma desktop, on a Mac, and have installed the Figma font agent.

Not sure how to delete my original question, so I’ll post my solution: re-install the font from the computer font manager!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, but WHY does this happen? There are three of us working on a design file, and suddenly Gotham Medium is showing up for all of us in italic, when for weeks it wasn’t.

We had the exact same issue with Gotham Medium Font…
Only way i could fix it was by deinstalling all gotham italic fonts in windows system options…

1 Like

did we get a fix for this issue?

As listed above, reinstall the font from your computer’s font manager or uninstall the italic version of the font.

This happened to me today. Gotham Medium is now Italics everywhere.

Nearing the end of 2023 and this is still happening. Gotham is the culprit here as well.

1 Like

Still happening to me also. Gotham Medium is by far the worst! Everything changes to Italics - even if the font panel says its not.

January 2024 and this is still happening? I also have this problem with the font Gotham and italic, it changes itself, Figma says it is regular but it is displayed as italic, this is a HUGE problem for the styles, someone help. :weary: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Please refer to @dvaliao and @Patrick24 solutions.

I will be closing this particular ticket due to the age. If you are still having this issue, please post in this thread here: Italic font Styles Bug

I have the same problem, but the font in question is “fallen sky”, except that as well as being in italics, I can’t get the normal regular font, it just appears as an outline without the fill. Has anyone had a similar problem with “Fallen sky”?