Cannot enable 'anyone with a link can edit'

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I am making a co-op to do / read list document.
Not able to make the document editable makes it impossible to co-work on this document with my group.
My group counts 200+ people of cool UX design individuals.
We want to co-work on an inspiration for future small group/community oriented projects.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?

Working as intended, although only going public directly through the figma community is 99% success to me, because there’s no way I would want to make a document url public and editable simultaneously. I would like to keep the URL to myself and only share it with my small community.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?

Right now there’s no desktop specific FigJam implementation.

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?

Chromium Win X

1 Like

Hey Yuval! Thanks for sharing those details. This sounds related to a bug that our team pushed out a fix for recently - could you reload the file to see if that changes anything?

Hi, I have the same issue on a Org plan.

I have this same problem. Would be great to have “anyone with a link can edit” option.

I only see view.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.54.01 AM

I have the same problem (Screen look like the one of @j_brinkman) Would love to use FigJam for conference workshops, and it isn’t realistic, that all the participants create an account. But they should all be able to work in small teams.

Thanks for the help.

Ditto! I want to be able share so people can edit without everyone having to make an account. This doesn’t work, even when I directly enter someone’s email address, unless they have a Figma account. We were considering switching from other tools like Miro, but this makes it not possible.
(the one with the picture has an account, and despite the fact that it says ‘can view’, they can actually edit, as the helpful little hover state explains. The person without a pic has no account and can’t edit either from the link or from the email invite)

Jackie, in Figma/FigJam you need an account in order to be able to edit, this is expected behavior. Feel free to create a suggestion in #figjam:figjam-feedback.

+1 here. Allowing this would make it a no brainer convincing my team to switch from Miro. There are a number of people who would use this very very rarely and would be difficult to justify the $15/month to use it once every 2-3 months.