Double-clicking a text layer won’t let me edit it. The layer is not locked. This issue seemed to be resolved in past for other users, but the solution has not been mentioned in the thread. I am first time coming across this issue. Please guide.
I’m having the same issue, please advice on how to resolve this
Me to…any help out there?
Hey Indu! Here are some troubleshooting steps:
- Layer Opacity: Ensure that the opacity of the text layer isn’t set to 0%. If it is, you won’t be able to see the text even if you’re in edit mode.
- Layer Visibility: Make sure the eye icon next to the text layer in the layers panel is not crossed out. If it is, the layer is hidden, and you might not be able to edit it.
- Nested Frames: The text layer might be inside multiple nested frames or groups. Sometimes, if there’s another layer or object on top of the text layer, it can prevent you from selecting the text layer. Try to isolate the text layer by moving other layers or objects out of the way.
- Masking: Check if the text layer is being used as a mask or is inside a mask group. If so, you might face difficulties editing it directly.
- Component Instances: If the text layer is part of a component instance, you might not be able to edit it directly. Instead, you’ll need to go to the main component (the master) to make changes.
- Plugins: Some plugins can interfere with Figma’s default behavior. If you have any plugins installed, try disabling them one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.
- Browser or Desktop App: If you’re using Figma in a web browser, try switching to the Figma desktop app, or vice versa. Sometimes, browser extensions or issues can interfere with Figma’s functionality.
- Update Figma
It will help if any of you can share the link to a design file where this problem occurs.