Adding auto-layout should keep Fill-resizing in children

If i select multiple layers (inside an Auto-layout) with width property set to “Fill”, and then add an Auto-layout, all the layers inside the new frame will have their sizes set to “Fixed”.
I have to manually set the layers back to “Fill” every single time i want to enclose layers in an Auto-layout. This is something i run into every few minutes while working.

This is because the new AL layer is automatically set to “Hug”, therefore the children must lose “Fill” property

Wouldn’t it be logical, if i apply Auto-layout to layers that are already set to horizontal “Fill”, that the newly created AL layer is also set to horizontal “Fill”, leaving the children to “Fill”?

1 Like

agreed, this would save me years and several hundred clicks every time i change the stack alignment from horizontal to vertical…!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If I create a frame within a frame with auto-layout, please adopt those auto-layout properties automatically in the new frame. Currently, not only do I have to set the new frame, I also have to adjust its children to not use fixed sizing. Very tedious and time-wasting.

Same as here: Adding auto-layout should keep Fill-resizing in children

Yep, this annoys me on daily basis, every few minutes i have to re enable ‘fit to parent’ on many layers… This is super tedious

Hi @Ben_Dansby , thank you for your feedback.
I re-opened the previous topic Adding auto-layout should keep Fill-resizing in children and merged these two topics to gather all your feedback. Thank you!

1 Like

This has been silently implemented!! HUGE improvement!
Thanks

2 Likes