Add interactions to hidden items in prototypes

I have a calendar with conditional logic. When someone selects a specific date, previously hidden details show up about what is happening on that date. There is a “Book now” button inside the hidden details that I am trying to have link to a modal when clicked.

The problem is that, even though I can select and drag an interaction handle from the “Book now” button that’s hidden inside the specific dates details, I can not get it to link to the modal, or any other item.

Does anyone have a solution?

I could see that when my button is hidden, I cannot link it anywhere, like you mentioned.
But, when I unhide it, link it and then hide it, linking works.

Also, if I have both instances under 1 frame, I cannot link button to the modal. If, I move them on Canvas, link them and drag them inside the frame, it works.

I should mention that the visibility is linked to a boolean property on the design systems local variables. I can unhide it and link it, but when I right-click on the visibility and “re-link” the boolean visibility, the link goes away again.

So I tried this:
On a Frame I have a button to Show the Calendar Frame. This has a button to call up the Modal.
On button click I turn on the visibility of Calendar and then click on button to invoke next Modal.
It’s working.

I also tried this,
Press button on frame to invoke Calendar Overlay.
After a delay of 2 sec, the Next button visibility variable is set to True.
Clicking that button calls the Next Modal.

For both the steps, I created the interaction and then linked the boolean variable.