Zoom in/out issue while using the external mouse scroll wheel

For some reason after the latest update Figma mouse wheel scroll up/down is not working properly. Let me describe the problem I’m having. When I used the mouse scroll wheel (scrolling up and down) before the latest update, it was just scrolling up/down. Now, sometimes instead of scrolling up and down its zooming in and out.

I’m using Macbook Pro Max M1 2021. Please, let me guys know if you have similar issue or its just me. Maybe its related to the mouse firmware update or something or its a bug I’m not really sure.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @Eugeny1, thanks for flagging this to us and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your mouse scroll!

I just tested this out on my end using a mouse with a scroll wheel. Scrolling as usual, up and down, is working as expected both in-browser and using the desktop app.

The only time using the scroll wheel manages to Zoom in and out is if I press Ctrl while scrolling. Perhaps you were multi-tasking and accidentally hit the Ctrl key while attempting to scroll?

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help me :slight_smile: I thought the issue might come from the mouse I’m using which is Logitech M590, so I bought another one Logitech M650 L and still having this same issue from time to time. I’m not really sure the exact moment it happens but it still happening on my side occasionally. I’ll try to restart my Mac and see what happens. Thank you a lot!

Hi @dvaliao it seems like I figured out the issue. Here’s the solution which worked for me: 1. Right click with your mouse 2. Select “Quick actions” 3. Type “Wheel” 4. Uncheck “Use scroll wheel zoom” option and the problem is gone.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, @Eugeny1! Glad to hear you found the solution on your own! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you run into any further issues.