Why do some of my libraries not show up in "Enable libraries for all team files"

Our Design System is made up of various libraries. We want to enable most of these libraries for all team files by default.

However, only one of these libraries is actually showing up as an option under “Enable libraries for all teams”, despite the fact that all of these libraries are published and accessible via the assets panel.

4 Likes

I have the same problem, looking forward for an answer

I think I might have come to a solution. At least it worked for me.

Double check if your Libraries Sharing Options are matching. When you set your sharing options for your library in your design system, make sure [“Anyone at YOUR ORG NAME” can view] is the option selected. If by any chance, your files have [“Anyone at YOUR ORG NAME with the link” can view] that might be the cause the libs aren’t showing up in other teams assets menus.

If you still want to keep your sharing options with [“Anyone at YOUR ORG NAME with the link - can view”] I think that only people who have accessed the library through a sharing link will then start to see it under their asset menu. But this second part is a guess.

6 Likes

Thank you so much @Ito !
I can’t believe I had 3 e-mail exchanges with 2 separate Figma support people and neither of them mentioned this at all :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thank you!! This solved my issue trying to share a library with a new team and nothing in the Figma Help was actually helping… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You saved the day !

1 Like

This is STUPID!
I myself did the files, why aren’t they available to me???

And I don’t have this option at all! I am on the Pro plan…

1 Like

@Milosz_Wojaczek No need to caps, I guess.

You mean you don’t have any share options when you press on “share” in your library project?

Maybe you want to add a screenshot here so the community can help you?

I believe caps is shouting so yeah, I did it deliberately.

I have share options.

I mean in the list, I don’t have all of my files… OK, so I didn’t have. I think for some files I have all the files, for some - not.
I will try it again.
I mean when I open some files and go to libraries - I have more possibilities and for some other files - I have fewer files. What’s the rule here?

I can’t comprehend the rule with those files being visible and not… and sometimes it even shows the Project and files of this project but not all. What a piece of crap. How do I see all files under a given project?

OK so the support enlightened me.

The files that you want to serve as libraries need to be initially published, just like after changes.

Of course, there are new bugs you will then encounter (components with components inside don’t get recognized by the swap engine…) - OMFG…

This is a great fix; @Figma_Support @Josh can we add this detail to some of the articles, was driving me nuts trying to figure out.

1 Like