Figma Support Forum

What are problem with Undo in Figma? Too much press Command+Z

I feel its difficult to undo the action, the select action stack in action history, i must pess too much ⌘+Z to undo necessary action, not like any app other. Is there any way to fix this issue?

There is no action history but you can undo big changes that happened a while ago from version history: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038006754-View-a-file-s-version-history

I feel like this question is not addressed.

I have realised the same thing on Figma.
The best practice of using Command + Z doesn’t include the steps of select or unselect actions.

An example; you are on a page and you created a rectangle (1), and click somewhere else (unselect the rectangle) (2?). Figma takes these as 2 separate steps and you have to do two times “Command + z”, only then the rectangle is gone and you come back to where you were. The first “Command + Z” will only select the rectangle.

This creates the problem of inconsistent user experience compared to all other computer applications. I have never seen this type of an experience. To be able to come back to where I want, I have to use Command + Z a lot because of these unnecessary steps.

Once you get used to it, it’s amazing.

You can vote for this feature in this thread: User Preference to include or exclude object selection in undo