⌘+W Behavior is erratic

When closing files in the desktop app by using the ⌘+W hotkey, the behavior is rather erratic.

1. Sometimes it closes the file and opens one that is adjacent in the app bar.
  2. Other times, it closes the file and returns you to the home screen when you have many documents open.
  3. Other times it closes the file and takes you to the last file that is open.

I’d prefer it to consistently move to the next file to the right, like in a web browser.

Hey @Phil_Larsen appreciate the feedback! For context, the way the app ‘picks’ what tab to move to when you use ⌘+W is determined by the last tab you were in, prior to closing the tab you are currently on. I’m attaching a recording for visualization.

I’ve seen some other apps use this kind of logic in the past, but I totally understand that having consistency across the desktop app & Figma web would be more helpful for you. Will leave your topic open for people to +1 :blush:

Ah, yes that makes sense. It is just a little unpredictable compared to web browsers :sweat_smile:

This is actually quite frustrating when I am trying to just quickly close all windows. Oftentimes the Home tab gets selected, and then I need to click on a file tab in order to delete… but then it just goes back to the Home tab again requiring much more effort than it would if it just behaved like a browser.