Vertical and horizontal resizing reversed?

I don’t know what’s happened to my controls all of a sudden, but whenever I type a number into the width box in the right panel, the height of the frame changes, and vice versa. When I type a number into the vertical padding box, the horizontal padding of the frame changes and vice versa. It’s an issue both in the browser version and desktop app. I think I might have accidentally pressed some weird keyboard shortcut but I’m not sure and I don’t know how to fix it

have u fix it?

Make sure your object is not rotated or flipped.

I have the same issue for 2 days now. Is there any fix for this?
@tank666 It’s definitely a bug, now it even places my components flipped when I drag them on a screen :frowning:

Check your main component. This “bug” only happens when something is rotated/flipped. Take a close look at the rotation values, object coordinates, and the transform CSS property in the Inspect panel.

You can also share a link to an example file here so anyone can help find the cause.

Thanks for your answer!
I started to build another component, again, from a horizontal text layer. I add auto layout and it reverses horizontal and vertical values, but on the canvas it looks the same. In CSS it appears with transform -90, but only after adding auto layout. I made screenshots of the CSS before and after shift+A.

With the previous component this was the same issue, but I went along with it because I have a deadline and thought it’s just a temporary thing, closed Figma (desktop version), restarted the PC, nothing made it go away. As soon as I add an auto layout, this happens. I don’t know how to resolve this, can anybody help please?

This happens because the main frame where you are creating an auto layout object is rotated.

1 Like

@Gleb so first I didn’t understand this because I didn’t rotate anything. Then I realized that I resized a huge frame to fit all components on it. It is now landscape and was portrait before. Wow.
2 days headache for a bad move. Thank you Gleb!