Use inverse of Boolean variable to show/hide layer

This has been mentioned here:

I am looking for the availability to HIDE a layer when a Boolean variable is TRUE and SHOW it when it is FALSE. So, the inverse of the default/current behavior. I want to do this without using components.

Use case: When a variable is true, show one frame. When that same variable is false, show a different frame.

I can get basically this by using two different variables:

but it would be more convenient to be able to do it with just one. Just give me a Boolean toggle when the variable is used to say if the variable should be inverted or not.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your idea! we would like to gauge the reaction of other members in the community. We may consider it for future enhancements!

Thanks,
Toku

I think it’s useful

I have a checkbox that turns the container on and off on the layout.
Right now I have one variable used to switch the checkbox and the other to display the container

For example:
clicked on the checkbox - the jackdaw is enabled, the container is hidden
, clicked again - the jackdaw is missing, the container is shown

Currently, 2 variables are used for this. I really want to be able to see when the layer is displayed: if true, if false

It seems to me that you had something similar. Maybe it can be simplified somehow? I will be glad to help!)

Frame 5
Frame 5

I am building a fairly complex app.
To manage the state of the panels, I rely on the Layer Visibility with booleans. I have to set up almost every booleans twice, like:

• is_EditModeActive?
  • is_EditModeInactive?

Then I need A LOT of conditional branching and twice the amount of “set variables” to achieve what I need.

A simple custom variable defined like is_EditModeInactive? = !{is_EditModeActive?} or a simple “boolean inverter” while right-clicking the “Eye” icon at the Layer level will make complex work WAY easier. Now it’s a nightmare for advanced prototypes.

2 Likes

Would like this too!