Hi, everyone! I got a new phone, installed the Figma mobile app on it, and logged in, but every time I try to use the Mirror function, I get this error, saying Update or switch browsers. I tried everything, updated the browsers, switched between Opera and Chrome, logged in and out and nothing seemed to work. (My phone is Xiaomi Mi9 lite, with Android 10)
Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue?
Hey Maria, thanks for reaching out about this.
For problems with mirroring, we’d appreciate if you could check the following steps which clear most problems:
- Log out of Figma on both the mobile app and your desktop browser/app.
- Restart your phone to clear the app cache.
- Clear the cache in your browser or the Desktop app (You can clear the desktop app cache on a Mac in the Help menu under Troubleshooting, and on Windows under the toggle-arrow at the right of the top toolbar under Help > Troubleshooting).
- Login into both the desktop app/browser and the mobile app using the same account and check to see if mirroring is improved.
We often find that updating your OS can help improve how well the app runs. If you can update your OS, we’d suggest doing so to check if this helps.
If this doesn’t help, we’d appreciate it if you could check and confirm:
- Do you also see the same problem at www.figma.com/mirror or is it specific to the mobile app?
- Is the problem specific to one file, or happening even for simple frames in new files? If it’s specific to one or a few files, we’d appreciate if you could reach out to our support team via this Form add firstname.lastname@example.org as an Editor (this won’t affect your billing at all) and send through a link to any specific frames we should check.
Thanks for your assistance. Let me know if you have any follow up questions and I’ll be here to help.