Unfurling inline video with oembed

I am trying to understand what is required for a link to support embedded inline videos when unfurled in FigJam. Using Loom links as an example, when a Loom link is pasted into FigJam it is unfurled as a video player.

I know that this is handled by oembed, but when I’ve tried this in my own prototype, ensuring the appropriate oembed response and iframe source, the preview still shows up as a “rich” preview with a view button instead of directly as a video play button. When I click View, my page displays and the video can be played, but if I understand correctly, the oembed response being “type: video” is supposed to treat the preview directly as a video.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!

Hi @Danielle_Graham, Thanks for reaching out about FigJam Interactive previews.

Figma will create an interactive preview if embeds are supported by the resource’s site. Otherwise, Figma will create a static preview.
For more details on this, check out the article here: Add link previews in FigJam

While not directly relevant, I came across a post discussing about Embed a Figma Prototype in FigJam. Please feel free to check it out if you are interested.

I hope that helps. If I overlook anything, please let us know.
If anyone from our community has additional insights or suggestions, please feel free to share here.

Thanks again for reaching out.

Thanks for the response, I have seen those links but unfortunately they don’t have that much information for developers looking to support these embeds.

I’ve set up a PoC to test out support for my site embedded in FigJam and like I said, it’s mostly working, but I can’t get the preview to function as an embedded video instead of an embedded rich text area (one of the most obvious differences here is that the default preview of a video type embed has a video play button and the default preview of a rich embed has a “view” button).

I’m wondering if there is anything that I’m missing that is specific to FigJam’s implementation of oEmbed videos or something more obvious.

Thanks!

Thank you for your response and for taking the time to check the linked article. I appreciate you letting us know that the information provided isn’t sufficient for supporting developers.

I’ll reach out to our internal team to see if we can offer any further assistance on this matter. I’ll make sure to keep you updated as soon as I have any relevant information.

Thanks again for your input.