Unable to move project to another team

I’m trying to move a project from one team to another.

• I am a member (editor) of both teams
  • Both teams are under the same organization
  • I have starred the project I want to move so that it appears in my Figma left navigation (so I can drag it to the new team)
  • When I drag it, I receive the error dialog “Unable to move project” - “Projects set as view-only cannot be moved between teams. To complete this operations, enable team edit access for [Project Name] and retry”

Correction I am an ADMIN for the project’s current team, and I am the OWNER for the new destination team.

Same question

Can you try to drag a file directly to a different project to see if that works? If that does not work could you clear your cache and try again, maybe on 2 different browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Edge, etc.). Alternatively I’d recommend contacting support, they will be able to investigate here further. Hope this helps!

I was having the same issue with moving a project and files to a new internal team within the same organization. While looking at the project screen you are attempting to move, click the share button and confirm that the project is set to ‘members can edit’ as opposed to ‘can view.’ Changing this setting on the project allows it to move to a new team. After the project is moved, you have the ability to reset the ‘can view’ permission as needed.

This worked for me and hopefully solves your problem as well!

3 Likes

Thank you! That also was the problem for me and solved it :white_check_mark:
In my opinion this should be marked as solution.

Guess they had a different opinion lol