Toggle Show/Hide UI not working on Windows since Ctrl + \ can not be pressed

At least on European keyboards (don’t know about the others) there is no dedicated backslash button. Therefore I can not use Ctrl + \ to show or hide the UI of the Figma web app.

Keyboard combinations with Alt are not working.

If I hide the UI with the help of the menu, I can not Show it again since the menu is part of the UI. !!??!

7 Likes

Ctrl + P is a universal shortcut you can use to bring this menu up as an alternative to Ctrl + \

1 Like

Ctrl + P is for Ctrl + /, not Ctrl + \. The other alternative to Ctrl + \ is Ctrl + . (dot). And you can create custom key bindings on windows using Auto Hot Key or similar apps. I use Better Touch Tool for that on Mac.

7 Likes

Derp! You’re right, I’ve mixed up my slashes.
I’ve got CMD + . on Mac, would have to check my windows machine.

If you click the ? icon in the bottom corner you can see all the keyboard shortcuts.

great, now I can at least get the menu back.

2 Likes

You can right click on the background beside your canvas to access the menu to hide or reveal the tools panel.

5 Likes

You can right click on the background

Oh boy… perfect!

Try cmd + # (the key with ’ and # near the return key) , this works for me on my European keyboard.

5 Likes

I said Windows.

2 Likes

@Aleksander_Klajderic There’s no EU keyboard, but plenty of different keyboard layouts worldwide. Every layout has a different key combination to show/hide UI.

Check these shortcut cheat-sheets and if your keyboard layout is missing, let me know and I can try to add or at least tell you how to show/hide ui.

:point_right: www.ui-kit.co/shortcuts

4 Likes

You might want to upvote this feature request: Customizable shortcuts

Hey, at least on a german keybord for me it is CMD + .

5 Likes

I’m using Figma on Windows on a european keyboard, try Ctrl + * to hide and show Ui

4 Likes

thank you for this !

To hide and show UI for Mac users:

fn + Command + \

This atm hides and shows the UI for me.

2 Likes

For information on my european keyboard (AZERTY) on Windows the shorcut to show/hide UI is Ctrl + ;
The key between the , and the :

2 Likes

In México the shortcut in Mac is + Ç keys, maybe it should work for someone else :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve been looking for this answer for months!!!

GRACIAS!! :star_struck:

1 Like

For the Frenchies, the cmd + `

2 Likes

@ bengala That works in Spain, thanks a lot :raised_hands:

1 Like