Targeting a layer in an instance associated with a boolean property

Need

I would like to target an instance’s layer(s) associated with a boolean prop.

Analysis

The instance includes:

• A top node with the componentProperties array with boolean props each with a key with an appended {prop name}#{prop id}, such as Help text#3807:17
  • An associated layer that has an id of {instance id}:{library component layer id}, such as I347:39718;3807:28801 yet, as per the API docs, a componentPropertyReferences set to null. This is the node I want to target.

The instance’s .mainComponent property is a reference to:

• A top component or set node with an id, in this case 119:2895
  • A top node also has componentProperties including Help text#3807:17
  • A corresponding layer associated with the prop with an id, in this case 119:3091, as well as componentPropertyReferences array including visible: Help text#3807:17

The actual variant resides in a separate library file, and includes:

• A top node with id 3807:27735 and componentPropertyDefinitions that includes Help text:3807:17
  • A corresponding layer with id of 3807:28801 and componentPropertyReferences that includes visible: "Help text:3807:17".

Problem

• The instance’s .mainComponent layer id doesn’t match the instance’s layer id., which means I can’t use information in the .mainComponent to target that instance’s layer.
  • The instance’s layer id DOES match the actual variant via their ids (3807:28801), which can be mapped within the actual variant by matching the prop definition of 3807:17.

However, I don’t know how to access the library file programmatically, so I can’t get to these matches. Using importComponentByKeyAsync loads the component locally (which I’d like to avoid) and results in different layer ids anyway, defeating the purpose.

Is there a different way other than mimicing the traversal (from the main component’s layer to the top, then down the same path in the instance) to more directly target a layer in an instance associated with a boolean property?

Miraculously, this is resolved by an update a week later…