Stop all tabs to closing when restarting Figma?

Hi there,

At this point it feels like I’ve searched everywhere. After the latest update, Figma has started to close all my tabs when I restart or shut down the desktop client. I tend to use the tabs for different files so I can quickly can jump between them when discussing with team or just to copy specific bits across. Now I end up having to re-open all my files every time I start Figma which is suuuper annoying and time consuming.

Is there a way to stop this from happening and tell Figma to simply load with the tabs open like it used to?

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

Hey! The latest Windows build should fix this: https://desktop.figma.com/win/build/Figma-98.14.0.exe

Sorry about the trouble!

Yes when I started it up this morning all my tabs was back! seems to be ok, thank you! :smiley:

I’m using Figma beta 98.14 and the issue is still there, at least from time to time

2 Likes

I use a mac, and this issue still exists

1 Like

The issue still remains on MAC. Its very annoying.

2 Likes

Mac version is still not solved

@figmadesign do something about this for mac users!

@Figma_Support is there a solution for this for Mac yet?? It is very annoying that it keeps closing all tabs after I update or restart the application.

Found a temporary solution for mac owners. If you close figma using the cmd+q hotkeys, then all tabs are saved. If you close the application in a different way, then the tabs are closed.

2 Likes

I use a Mac, and this issue is still there, how can we solve? Please update…

Thanks man!

26/08/2022
After last update this issue come back. The only way to prevent closing tabs is ctrl+q (windows)

3 Likes

I too am experiencing this same issue.

2 Likes

The 98.14.0 is not longer able to work since updates are requested. However I still do have this issue with the latest version, that all tabs close when shutting down. This really makes it very hard to work across teams.

2 Likes

Using PC version with the latest update (116.3.7) but still not working. This is really annoying and hindering so much :-/

Cant there just be an option to switch on/off like you can do in all Browsers and PDF readers?

1 Like

you made my day! :slight_smile:

Updated to version 116.3.7 on my PC and this issue have now come back :frowning:

2 Likes

yep, tabs gone after shutdown (pc, 27.9.2022)

1 Like