My sidebar is missing. I’ve tried command + shift + \ and also right click view UI and all I get is the toolbar. So I can’t see any layers. I read through a bunch of similar issues online and thus far haven’t found a solution. I’m on a macbook pro + Ventura + chrome (updated today). Thanks!
Hi there! Sorry to hear you are having issues with the sidebar.
Is this happening in the browser, desktop app or both? Can you share a quick screenshot of what you see in your end?
To cover some basics, can you please clear out both your desktop app’s and browsers cache and check if there are any improvements?
You can clear the desktop app cache on a Mac in the Help menu under Troubleshooting. If you’d prefer to manually clear your cache you can:
- Quit the Figma desktop app
- Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma”
- Try opening the desktop app again
You can clear the desktop app cache on Windows under the toggle-arrow at the right of the top toolbar under Help > Troubleshooting. If you’d prefer to manually clear your cache you can:
- Close the Figma desktop app
- Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter: %APPDATA%\Figma
- In the window that opens, delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
- Launch the desktop app again
Hope this helps!