Selection colors swapping

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    ‘Selection colors’ are very usefull for quick changes in the whole component. What I miss, is the option to swap 2 colors. For example: I made an primairy button with a pink background and white tekst and now I want to make a secondary button based on this style. I just want the background to be white and the tekst to be pink (and a pink border). I just want to swap these 2 colors in one click instead of changing both.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-09 om 10.24.08

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-09 om 10.24.27

1. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.
    What do you guys think about this idea? Anybody also ‘struggling’ with this?
2 Likes

I too wish we could do this ! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

This one would be so helpful!
There’s already a swapping option between a border color and a fill color.

1 Like

Hey there,

I’ve been working with a lot of icons and tags in my designs recently and many times I find the need to switch two colors in an object. Let’s say, for example, I have a grouped object composed of a black rectangle and a white icon inside of it. When i select this grouped object, if it is composed of only two colors, it would be great to have the option to switch the colors with one action; have the rectangle be white and the icon black. It’s a small thing but I found I’ve come across this case several times and it wouldn’t hurt to try to suggest it!

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I hope they will :wink: Will improve the workflow so much

1. A lot of time, I want to swap colour text and background, and current we need to swap the colors by reselect a colour.

2. In Figma Design, what if we can add a swap colour between the two colours?

3. Something like in photoshop, able to toggle the colour between background and text. what do you think?

1 Like

This ‘tip’ is getting more and more popular :wink: Would be so handy. Thanks for this great example. Hope Figma will see our comments

1 Like

I’d love to see this as well. Actually mocked it up myself before searching and finding this topic but here’s my take for good measure anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good idea. I’m swapping colors quite often and thinking about making a plugin that could make it easier. But native features are always better.

This would boost productivity a lot!

I want it to work in a little bit more advanced manner:

I want to be able to match and swap styles based on a part of a style name, for example:

Match all: “primary”
Replace with: “success”

Match all: “dark”
Replace with: “light”:

Sometimes I need to replace many selected colors, but the difference is only one segment of the text style name.