"Scroll to" objects in different frames

+1 This would be very useful!!

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 for all our sakes.

1 Like

+1 Pleeeeease !!!

+1 this would so helpful and save so much work creating clunky workarounds.

We are still waiting for this? :exploding_head:

+1 as many as it takes.

Please add this I am trying to create a very simple site prototype and cannot connect to specific page sections from another page :frowning:

Any luck with this?

+1. Would add so much value to our prototypes.

2 Likes

This would be a big plus!

1 Like

ok, I have this trick. More ore less, better than nothing.

Okay, you have a link that you want to send to a specific frame on another page of your website using Figma. Here’s what you can do: create the link, create the page containing the specific frame, and at the beginning of this page, create a transparent rectangle. Then, create a “while hovering” interaction on the transparent rectangle that instantly scrolls to the frame where you want to send your initial link.

Now, the problem is that every time you “while hover” on the transparent rectangle in this landing page, you will go to the frame. One trick could be to position the transparent rectangle corresponding to where the mouse was on the screen of the initial link relative to the “screen view” area of the landing page.

7 Likes

Clever :nerd_face: …

Genius! Thank you!

So helpful! Thanks for sharing :nerd_face:

+1 please, that would be such a good addition!

+1 This would be so helpful.

+1
How has this taken longer than 2 years to implement?! C’mon Figma Team please build this into the next update!

1 Like

This is how I used Figma’s newer features to get this to work. It’s a little complex but does the job as expected. Please like and share if you find the video helpful. I’ll dig through the Figma archives to see if I can find similar problems to solve.

3 Likes

maybe not the best way but what I did was duplicate the original frame by the number of links I had on the menu, then I added when tap, navigate to their own frame. then on each frame I added a after delay of 1ms to scroll to the right section… that solved my problem :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello all - you’re not alone in this one! Seems like a pretty silly things for Figma to be missing - and a pretty simple thing to fix. Please take this as a vote from me @Figma - pretty disappointing when trying to make a clickable table of contents with what is supposed to be enterprise level software and finding that it won’t work… :frowning:

Yes got this to work but takes multi-step. Click to and then mouse enter and then scroll to named object. Would be great if this could be grouped into one action without having to break up auto-layout which i had to do to get it working at least in my work around scenario.

1 Like