Allow saving multiple files locally

Is there a way to save local copies as .figs from file browser without having to go into each one individually?

Thanks!

1 Like

There is no such possibility. But if you need to transfer files to another account, then you can use this method:

Hi All!!

I am working for a project where all the information about design are restricted and we can’t take the risk to be hacked or showing something, using the classic online version of Figma.

I would like to understand if is possible, with the desktop app downloaded on my device, to work locally and save all the information only here on my device, instead of uploading the work on the Cloud as always happens.

Thanks to everyone that will be able to help me!!

I have a bunch of files that I need to transfer to a new FIgma account. The only method, apparently, is to save locally each file, one by one, and then import them into the new one. It is a tedious, time-consuming task, though. I saw previous responses for this question in this forum, the option to create a new start team, share with both accounts and duplicate the files there. However, I believe this option is outdated, since the start team only allows 3 files.

Is there any other way? Some plugin, maybe? I think it’s kinda baffling that I can import multiple files at once, easily by dagging them into the window, but there’s seems to be no easy way to save/export multiple files at once. This is what sounds to me as a design flaw.

If there’s anyone who knows a workaround, please share.

1 Like

I was looking for something similar as well, but I couldn’t find anything that would export the projects. This limitation may be intentional.

An alternative method would be to invite the new account to the old one, and make it owner over projects, then remove the old one from the new one.

1 Like

Pretty self explanatory. I don’t understand why I have to go into each file and save a local copy to backup my work. I wish we could select multiple files, or even the Project folder and save all Figma files. It truly is time consuming and what I would think be a simple feature to implement.