Right click menu not opening – Mac app

I cannot open this menu on the canvas, only when I go to the layer menu.

I tried to close and open, restart, reload the tab… nothing.

2 Likes

Hey there, that’s very odd.

Can you make sure you have the option enabled for Ctrl + click? You can find it under Preferences > Ctrl + click opens right click menu

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 2.50.54 PM

If it is checked, please reach out to the support team directly via this form for additional help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5 Likes

Life saviour! Thank you so much!

1 Like

@dvaliao I think this should be enabled by default. Is there a reason it’s not?

6 Likes

Just putting in that I agree with @Sam_Dutton I was very confused when I stopped being able to open menus this way, thank god for this thread since I had assumed it was a bug with Figma. Also, I’m kind of confused about what use cases would even require this setting to be switched off.

4 Likes

I had the same issue! Thanks so much, it was an easy fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also agree that this should be a default setting for Mac users. It makes no sense as to why I would not want to be able to right-click a menu to open it.

Why is this a setting? I can’t think of any other app that uses the CTRL for anything other than contextual menus. I thought it was a bug too until I found this thread.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I will share your feedback with our internal team. Really appreciate your voice.