Restore library links in files from restored library

We deleted a shared library by accident that was used in many files. We successfully restored the library file, but all links in all design files was not restored. Is there any way to restore the library linkt in the files that was using the shared library that we by accident deleted and then restored?

Did you publish the library? Unless you detached instances somehow, they should start pointing back to the library once you publish it, as long it’s the same library and not another file with different components.

1 Like

Seems to be working, will validate full on. Thanks for the quick answer!

Hannes, how did you restore your library?

All deleted files go to Drafts → Deleted.

Yes, I checked there but it does not show. I was using branches. I deleted the branch and it deleted the original file as well as the branch. :grimacing:

In this case this might be a serious issue in #branching-beta, you may want to create a topic there and alert the engineers.

Hi, a designer accidentally deleted the Pollen library and then restored it, but it seems that all the links have been removed between the components in the mock-ups and the library. How can I restore the links please ?
I can’t publish the library while I’m owner now :cry: HELP please

Hi @Anais1, Thanks you for reaching out about the library connection issue. I understand how important it is to maintain the connection between the library file and the design file.

Would you mind providing more details? Could you please try using both the desktop and browser apps to see if the issue occurs on either platform?
Are you the owner of the library files and encountering difficulties with the troubleshooting steps for republishing a library?

Republishing steps

1. Go to library file and make a small change to the main component, like adding a description.
  2. Publish this change.
  3. Go to the file with the linking issue, accept the update, and check if the connection is restored.

Are you encounter an error message during the publish? If so, this article might assist you for troubleshooting: Adjust your network settings

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out directly to our support team through this link: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
To assist our support team investigate, please kindly provide the following information:

1. Please ensure you use your Figma account email address.
  2. Share file links and add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to those files (this won’t impact your billing):
    • The working file where component connections are missing
    • The library file containing those main component

I hope this information is helpful. If I missed anything, please feel free to let us know.
Additionally, if anyone from our community has insights or suggestions, please jump in!

Thanks,