Resolved: Overrides not preserved when library is pushed

Yeah, of course.

It’s just that I never felt I can fully trust how files communicate with each other and whether if I roll back to an older version things are gonna sync properly.

But you are right. It should work without manual stuff like that. :+1:

Tried again und it worked for two releases, but not for the other ones. But its a first sign, after waiting for 12hours :cocktail:

By definition, a versioning system should be always a safer solution if compared to manual backups.

1 Like

Adding to the voices of people with ruined work…

We used libraries to keep things organised. We’re working on a complex data rich app design for a corporation, and we use overrides extensively to mock up grids of data & editable fields. Every frame is messed up. This will take days to re-create.

Figma, if you’re listening, this is a monumental **ck-up.

5 Likes

Just started my day finding out that our ENTIRE design ecosystem is in shambles. My design team serves 4 different engineering domains (30+ engineers). I reallllly hope this gets fixed soon!

Best of luck to your engineers.

3 Likes

Updated: 2022-01-21T08:08:00Z

I’ve outlined a summary of the issue and recovery steps below. Please let us know if you have questions or issues with any of this.

Issue summary

Scope of impact

• The impact is limited to variant instances. Component instances are not impacted.
  • You are potentially impacted if you have accepted updates from variants that were published between 2022-01-19T22:40:00Z to 2022-01-20T16:40:00Z
    on clients that had loaded prior to 2022-01-21T06:00:00Z.

We had an issue where publishing component sets would cause overrides to disappear from the components’ instances on update.

The underlying issue has been resolved as of 2022-01-20T23:00:00Z, so people should not see this issue going forward.

Recovery steps

Updated 2022-01-21T08:10:28Z

Please see the post below for updated recovery steps: Monitoring: Overrides not preserved when library is pushed - #157

We’ll continue updating this thread with new information. If you haven’t already, we recommend watching this thread for those updates.

9 Likes

Hi @Josh, it didn’t work. This is a monumental **ck-up…Please fix this, unfortunately I lost a day of work because of this problem. I hope to hear good news soon.

3 Likes

Hi @Josh , that didn’t work for me either. I too lost a day of work because of this. I followed the steps you outlined above without reverting to an earlier version because I’ve done a lot of work yesterday and can’t just go back to an older version.

3 Likes

@Jose_Ribeiro @Vincent_Teng are you able to share the file and library file with us?

1 Like

Not working for me either using Method 2. Method 1 isn’t really an option due to other work undertaken since 2pm yesterday. @Josh How do I go about sharing my Library and Design file with you?

Are you able to share access to the files? Feel free to DM

Unfortunately I can’t @Josh . I work for a large org with a pretty strict privacy rule so I can’t simply share my file.

1 Like

No worries, understood.

If anyone can share please give edit access to support-share@figma.com for both the library and instance files.

Also just to confirm that everyone first refreshed the file before following the recovery steps

I’ll update the post above with that info. Sorry about that.

Methode 2 didn’t work for us either. We already shared our file with the support earlier.

And we closed and restarted figma (and also opened the files again). Or what did you mean with refreshing?

1 Like

Thanks @SonjaB. If you already shared with support then they’ll reach back out via email.

Oops. You forgot to mention that. But things seem to be working for me now.

1 Like

I noticed some anomalies. The instances that were overridden and left alone (reset after the library was published) came back with the overridden values. But instances that were reset from publishing and then overridden again to the correct text values for example are still being overridden when an update is published.

Yeah sorry about that. Just updated the above post