Remove auto creating flow starting points

I love the new feature that allows multiple prototypes per page. One issue I’m having with it, is it assumes I want everything to be a new flow starting point each time I don’t link something from the first flow starting page.

It has a very linear mindset. When I work/prototype I tend to work on a section, then link it back and that creates many flow starting points on accident and I have to delete them.

It’d be nice if either - it only created the first one, and doesn’t assume you want many or there’s some kinda preference/setting where I can turn it off.

Do other people delete starting points or have work arounds? Or is there a preference/setting I’m missing where I can turn it off?

34 Likes

I upvoted this. Sometimes I do find the auto-creation useful but mostly I’m frustrated by this behavior. I find myself manually deleting most of the starting points that are created automatically because it’s not what I’m going for. It’s hard for me to articulate when I do want them to be created for me, but it seems like it’s always happening at the wrong time somehow.

9 Likes

It’s so annoying, I spend most of my time deleting the starting point, really don’t know why they made it auto.

10 Likes

Agree. The majority of my frames are NOT flow starting points. It is easy to add a starting point manually where we need, no need to make it the default behaviour.

2 Likes

Agree. Only the first one needs to be automatically created. It is easy to create new flow starting points, but difficult to remove. Maybe an easy way to remove those extra starting points from the list of Flows would be good.

1 Like

Yes, very annoying having to remove multiple starting points for every prototype I create…

2 Likes

Second this, it wastes my time removing flows which were auto created.

1 Like

Hi! Upvoting the feature suggestion.

Meanwhile, while we are waiting for the feature can anyone suggest a plugin that removes the flows automatically?

Nothing yet? It’s so annoying.

Upvoted. Agree that the multiple prototypes per page is great, but each new frame creating a new starting point by default is hugely annoying. Please give us the option to disable those flow starting points appearing on new frames.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sometimes I just want to present the frames as slides and navigate with arrow keys. Even after removing all the interaction from them, sometimes Figma still randomly pick one frame as the starting point of a flow when I click the “Present” button, which means only that particular frame is visible in the preview mode and breaks the presentation.

7 Likes

upvoted! :smiley:

yeah - this needs to be removed as an auto feature… darn annoying when you send a link of 11 pages and client only sees 2. Ideally a toggle on/off feature in the top menus would be an awesome addition :smiley:

3 Likes

Is there any way to disable the creation of this the automatically added “Flow 1”?

I have to delete it 100x / day.

2 Likes

Upvoted! And sometimes I got a bug, I cannot delete! It shows nothing on prototype panel, so I cannot delete this starting point.

1 Like

Same here. Also ‘Flow 1’ points keep appearing back after I delete them and do any action on the whiteboard at all. Makes all my shared links unusable as they turn from presentation of all mockups to a prototype with 1 page, because of this.

3 Likes

Same here. I had to stop making prototypes because of this issue. Very annoying!

1 Like

Same here! Auto generated flows doesn’t have the area “Flow starting point” with the delete option.

2 Likes

Why has this still not been added… it can be a simple toggle under preferences “Auto create flow starting points”. Figma adds a new flow every time I change a component state, but only if no flow exists.

Very frustrating, I want this off.

4 Likes