Prototype not loading properly

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out today regarding a perplexing issue I’m encountering with a Figma prototype, note that this prototype also has videos.

I’ve carefully optimized the videos, ensuring each is well below 1MB in size. Despite these efforts, I’m facing significant loading delays both on desktop and mobile, across various browsers. Even on the Figma app for mobile, it’s prompting me with the message that the prototype is large even after reducing the file sizes.

To provide more context and seek help, I’m sharing the link to the prototype and artboard:
Art-board Link

Here are the key points:

1. Optimization: Videos are compressed and trimmed to keep them under 1MB each.
  2. Previous Experience: I’ve successfully handled larger prototypes with normal videos in the past.
  3. Loading Issue: Regardless of the browser or device, the prototype is taking an unusual amount of time to load.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or solutions from the community to resolve this issue promptly. Your expertise and support are invaluable, and I believe this discussion could benefit others who might encounter similar challenges.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Deshmukh

Hi @Karthik_Deshmukh1
I take a look at your file and did not encounter what you described, video start right away (didn’t try on a mobile tho). This might be a computer performance issue (maybe reboot yours, our if possible try this prototype on someone else computer to see if they experienced the same as you do).

Can you share a screenshot of what your memory usage looks like on your real file? To prompt it click on the Figma logo at top left and then click on view. From there you can check memory usage

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 6.30.21 PM

The issue is not on PC but on a mobile browser.
Let me attach a video- here’s the link

Notice, how the videos are not being displayed properly. They are not more than 1-2MB. This never happened before.

And also thanks for noticing the post.

Hey Karthik,
Can you also try to restart your device, then delete and reinstall the Figma app in your mobile phone to see if that helps?
Please also make sure that your mobile meets the requirements, you can find additional information: here. (iOS: Safari on devices with iOS 11.4 or later, and Android: Chrome on devices with Android 7 or later).

If none of those help, please reach out directly the support with a copy of your file, they can try to replicate: here.
Please use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com as an Editor to this file. Thank you!

No, it is working fine on the App, but it as I mentioned before, it is not working properly on the Mobile based Browsers.

PS: All my devices are upto date. also please look at the video I have attached.

Thank you for the details. Yes, I’ve checked you video, it seems odd! Would you mind reaching out directly to the support team with a copy of your video and your video recording? Our technical team can investigate it further.

1 Like

It seems the support team’s email that you provided is not allowing me to approach them because I seem to not be part of that group.

Hey Karthik,
I’ve checked in our backend that we’ve received well your request. For your reference, your ticket number is: #869566. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Can someone please help me. I’m trying to learn Figma and am on a UX course but I actually hate this software for prototyping it’s so clunky and frustrating and I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. All I want to do is make connections in prototype mode and I can’t get the damn thing to create a link from the node. I click on the node and it morphs the shape. I can’t help thinking this would be a lot faster in adobe XD.

Hey @Jessica17, thank you for reaching out!
Glad you’re learning to work with Figma for your UX course. I’ve also worked with Figma when I did my UX course. Happy to help assist on your current issue!

A Prototype interaction have to be applied to frames, so your layer or objects has to be placed on a frame. Can you confirm if you’re trying to apply it to frames?

I did a quick screen recording how I am creating an interaction between two frames.

An interaction is created by selecting a hotspot, or starting point.

1. Navigate to the Prototype tab of the right sidebar.
  2. Select a layer or object for the interaction’s hotspot.
  3. Create the interaction by doing one of the following:
  • Hover over the object, and drag the Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 17.04.27 plus icon to the destination frame
  • Click the plus Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 17.04.35icon in the Interactions section of the Prototype panel.
  1. Once the interaction has been made, use the Interaction details panel to set the interaction trigger, action, and destination.

I’d recommend to check our Help Center article on how to create interactions: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040315773-Create-interactions.
We have also a YouTube channel, which you can explore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUsysuFmVrA.