Greetings everyone. I have a question regarding email notifications for comments in Figma. Could someone please advise? When a person leaves a comment using @ to mention another person, do the notifications go to the email of only the mentioned person, or to the entire team? The issue I’m facing is that when someone mentions another person, I receive the notifications, which is strange.
Thanks for reaching out to the community! If you are the owner of a file, you will receive email notifications for all comments by default.
You can modify your email notification settings for a file by following these steps:
- Click or press C to enter comment mode.
- Click at the top of the right sidebar in comment mode:
- From the dropdown, select one of the following:
- All comments: This setting will notify you of any comments made on the file, @mentions that mention you, and replies or reacts to threads you’ve created or participated in.
- Mentions and replies: This setting will notify you of @mentions that mention you and replies or reacts to threads you’ve created or participated in.
- None: You will not be sent any email notifications for new comments. You will still receive an email for @mentions that mention you, even if you have this option selected.
Hope this helps!
So, to receive email notifications only for those where I am mentioned, I should choose “Nothing”?
Yes, you can select this option one!
But I chose ‘Nothing’ and mentioned myself using @ from another account, and I didn’t receive an email notification. Could you tell me why this might be?
Hmm, you should receive a notification. Can you please double-check your spam folder?
If you still can’t find it, please reach out directly to the support team, and please indicate the address email you’ve used to mention, and the link of the file where you add the comment here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thank you!