Need time tracking feature in Figma

We badly need this feature in Figma. The time tracking feature allows designers to keep track of how much time they spend on each design project. For all product designers, it is incredibly helpful. Investors will occasionally demand to know how much time was spent on their project. That’s why we need this feature in Figma.

2 Likes

While Figma does not currently have a built-in time tracking feature, there are a few workarounds that you can use to track your time while working on design projects in Figma.

One option is to use a third-party time tracking tool, such as Toggl or Harvest, to track your time while working in Figma. These tools often have integrations with other apps, including Figma, which allows you to track your time without leaving Figma.

Another option is to create a custom time tracking system within Figma itself. You could create a separate page or artboard in your Figma file where you log the start and end times of each design project, as well as any notes or details about the project. This will require some manual effort on your part, but it can be an effective way to keep track of your time without relying on external tools.

Hey @Jehad and @Dakoe Check the Windu plugin right inside of figma and you can use it to process payroll incase you are freelancing on projects. It also has a chrome extension. I personally use it.

Jehad hi,
Figma is an amazing tool for designers! We agree that sometimes designers have to track their work time for reporting and billing and thus TMetric has added integration with Figma. Our users like it and find it helpful. You can have a look at Figma Time Tracking Integration

Thank you!

I was recently preparing for a project retro and trying to estimate the time taken to complete the work.
It’s be awesome to get a ‘time played’ function on my projects/pages in a simular vein to gaming to see roughly home much time each user had spent in the file.

Hey @Keiron_Lewis , thanks for your idea! Others in the community have requested something similar. I have merged your topic to help reduce duplicates here on the Forum.

Feel free to vote up the idea, and add additional context over there! Need time tracking feature in Figma - #5 by Ronma

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.