Minimize or hide toolbar

Hi, is it possible to minimize the toolbar to get a larger screen real estate? I’m using FigJam on MBP 15" and the toolbar takes quite some space.

Maybe we can 1-click minimize or hide it from view? Is it also possible to move the toolbar to the left or right side panel?

5 Likes

You can’t minimize it but you can show/hide the UI. Just right click on a blank spot in the canvas and select Show/Hide UI.

7 Likes

The dock is currently very large and taking up some significant space on the canvas. Can we have an option to change the dock size or just make it smaller from the beginning? The marker and sticky illustrations are cute, but overall not necessary. Icons would be fine.

2 Likes

How can I minimize the bottom bar ? Its covering up the comments scrollbar and I can’t leave a comment. Or can I change the size of the comments box, move it around, etc?

Thank you - that was very useful! I looked for option on the Toolbar itself and on the main Menu > View; and didn’t think to look on the open canvas.

Seems like a small thing, but it I was blocked from being able to respond to team questions on a comment thread because the Comment UI was blocked by the toolbar.

I am using Figma on iPad Pro, its UI is totally hide. How can I make it visible?

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this! As of our latest update, you can now hide the FigJam toolbar with the shortcut "cmd + " or through the quick actions menu.

As a work around to minimize your toolbar

1. Open another browser
  2. Use CTRL and the + button to get a plus sign in a magnifying glass on your website address script
  3. Right click
  4. Reset

The toolbar on the pro screen and the standard keys do not work

1 Like

I’m confused, “cmd +” just zooms in? Not seeing it under “View” either in the Quick Actios menu. How else can I hide the tool bar in FigJam?

Sorry for the confusion, @Kristen_Dea!

Don’t press + … The shortcut is simply Cmd /

The + icon was used to indicate that you should press cmd then / simultaneously.

I saw that I can hide the entire UI but I am looking to simply make the large toolbar smaller when I am writing in the FigJam. On a 19:9 screen there isn’t much screen real estate left once you open the handwriting tools. Even an option to reposition the toolbar would be great so I have more top to bottom writing area…