Launched: Manual resizing of sticky notes

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I can’t resize sticky notes manually - this would be really nice though. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a feature, but it feels like a missing Feature.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Yes. Post a Sticky… try to change it.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
I can only test it in the browser Mircosoft edge (company policy…)

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Mircosoft Edge Version 90.0.818.42

5 Likes

+1
I’m creating a click flow diagram and I wanted to add sticky notes to some steps with questions. The workaround for now is to re-size the entire flow diagram but it is more work to adjust text size later

Hey there :wave: At this time, stickies cannot be resized. Stickies have a set width and minimum height. The height will change based on the amount of content you add to them. You can find more info in this Help Center article: Resize, scale, rotate, and flip objects

1 Like

Maybe you have it in plans at least?
Because I miss this feature so much and now have to use Miro instead…

6 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve recently started to use FigJam and I believe it’s a great tool to rapidly flowchart and communicate ideas to a team. I want to leave a sticky note in a couple of places and many a times they vary in the type of content within them. Can you please allow for a feature to re-size the sticky note?

Thanks

This was the first thing I tried to do with sticky notes :smile:
Yeah! … I need this feature.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’d say having resizable stickies is an essential need for FigJam and basic expectation for users! So I hope Figma have this in their next update of FigJam!

4 Likes

This seems basic and throws off my workflow when transitioning from Miro (well, assessing if it’s possible, little things like this make it hard to convince unfortunately)

7 Likes

+1 to this. Also, it seems like this functionality existed but went away? I noticed a weird behavior if I grouped a sticky note + dot sticker, then tried to resize. The dot sticker would overlap with text. Now I can no longer figure out how to resize at all.

1 Like

Please make it possible to resize Sticky notes on FigJam.

6 Likes

+1. Knowing nothing about Figjam upon the first time I used it, this was also the first thing I tried to do with a sticky. If that’s you, heart Samson’s message. FigPeople™ (aka designers / product people): By making your canvas zoomable and elements scalable to N degrees, you have effectively created a context in which proportions become an important aspect of content design. I don’t think it makes a ton of sense for some objects to scale and others not to.

3 Likes

This is definitely a missing feature blocking adoption of the product as a whole.

3 Likes

The notes I (and others) add to our FigJam diagrams very dramatically in the amount of content. I would like to be able to resize sticky notes horizontally. Extensive text makes the notes very long and hard to read and layout.

3 Likes

+1 stickies get ridiculously long and narrow - need to be able to resize to make them wider. Thank you!

3 Likes

For some reason Miro can do this well, I’m sure FigJam could do it too. :wink:

+1 - yes, one of the reasons we as a team still use Miro instead of Figjam. Resizing of sticky notes and text is really important when you are crowded on a file

+1
I was working with stickies in Figjam just now and I thought it’s a bug from my side.
It would be nice to add the resize functionality to sticky notes.

1 Like

we switched to miro for that reason, been half a year now and the team doesn’t seem to think it’s priority so… :wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

+1 Important functionality! Please consider to prioritize.

1 Like

+1. I am a bit disappointed that I can’t resize any sticky note.