Make the snap to pixel grid setting document specific not global

The problem:

I’ll be working in one file where I turn snap to pixel grid off because I’m working with type or vectors or really small distances and then I’ll move to another file and forget that snap to pixel grid is off so I’ll resize things and they’ll end up being off by like .02 pixels.

Solution
Make snap to pixel grid setting only apply to the file you’re in.

(Oh and it would also be awesome to have a snap to pixel grid setting that is just for smaller amounts so it snaps to .25 and .5 pixels but that’s something else entirely)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Following on Make the snap to pixel grid setting document specific not global.

Even the document level is not fine grained enough. Snap to grid is frustrating because for all UI/UX designers it should be on 100% of the time.

That is, until you go to work on icons or illustrations. Then you turn it off and forget to turn it back on and then you ruin everything else you touch after that until you realize.

There needs to be a way to identify the intent based on the content. Maybe it’s applied at any node within the doc, like the page or frame with icons, but not the screen comp.

Please help stop the proliferation of fractional pixels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

We’ll pass this onto our team for consideration. Don’t forget to also Vote up top, so we can gauge how this is affecting the community in terms of volume.