(Issue) Search tool doesn't find all the keywords in components' name

I try to search some icon by keyword (ex. “location”) and, if this keyword is the fourth word in this components’ name, it doesn’t find it.

I never had this issue in the previous versions, I always would find all the components that contained the keyword in its name, no matter in which order.

Could you please check what’s the issue?

Thank you

I have the exact same issue and it makes working with our icon library painful.

Could you find a solution or at least the reason for that issue @Anastasia3?

I have lots of icons implemented in my component library, all following this naming convention: “Core-Line-Icon/icon-shopping-store-discount-percent-increase”. This way I have enough keywords in the components name to find an icon to use — in theory. But when I search for “percent” or “discount” there are zero search results.

When I search for “tore-discount-percent-increase” or add any of the characters before this string (“shopping-store-discount-percent-increase” for example), I get this specific icon right away though.

I also do get search results when searching for “shopping” or “store”. So I assume the issue has something to do with the length of the name.

Hi @Anastasia3 @Simon65

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologize for the frustrating experience and lack of response on our part. We’ve tested and have reported the issue to our engineering team. In the meantime, we suggest using the Layer search instead of the Assets search, as our tests showed that searching within the layer panel is functional. Additionally, we’ve noticed that publishing the components and then refreshing the page sometimes resolves the issue (though not consistently).

I understand this isn’t the ideal solution, but I hope it helps a little bit.

Thanks for your understanding,
Toku

1 Like

Thanks a lot for looking into this topic!
Working with the instance swap property and a separate component library file, the layer search is not a solution unfortunately. Looking forward to the fix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear you! Thanks for your understanding.