Issue Retrieving Team Webhooks via API with OAuth 2.0 Token

Hello,

I’ve encountered an issue while attempting to use the “Get team webhooks” API (GET /v2/teams/:team_id/webhooks). Despite having an OAuth 2.0 token with the ‘webhooks:write’ scope, the response I receive when calling the Figma API is an empty webhooks array. Interestingly, creating a webhook doesn’t seem to be affected and works as expected.

Has anyone else faced this issue, or is it known that retrieving a list of webhooks cannot be done using an OAuth 2.0 token? Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Currently, calling GET /v2/teams/:team_id/webhooks with an OAuth token returns the webhooks under the team created by the current app + user. It will not return webhooks under the team created by other apps or users.

If you have a specific webhook you expect to see created by the same app + user and it’s not showing up in the response, I’d encourage you to file a support ticket with the affected team_id and client_id and we can take a look.

Thanks for your reply

if a user creates a webhook using their OAuth token, is it then impossible to delete this webhook using a different user’s token or even the team’s master token? I’m trying to understand the limitations and permissions related to managing webhooks across various access levels within Figma.

If you use a personal access token, the GET /v2/teams/:team_id/webhooks endpoint will give you all webhooks under the team across all users. However, with an OAuth token, it is only possible to see and delete webhooks that you’ve created yourself.

We’ve received feedback from others about this OAuth token limitation, and so we’re working to address it.

Thank you for your response.

I have a question regarding webhook management in Figma. What happens to a webhook if the Figma user who registered it either loses their master authority or deletes their account? Is the webhook automatically deleted in such cases?

I’m particularly concerned about this scenario due to the limitation that a Figma team can only have up to 20 webhooks. Understanding the lifecycle of webhooks in these situations is crucial for managing our team’s integrations effectively.

Thank you in advance for your help!