Instance swap property make every instance attribute change

Hello,

The instance swap function of component work in a way that I find disturbing. So I want to know if you have the same problem or if I am missing something.

I have a component that work as a form container for other component. It’s basically a label with a list that can contain one or multiple sub-components.
So, in order to change the nested components, I’ve created an swap instance attribute.
But then, when I change a property of one of the nested component, all of the others one replicate the same change (see video attached Figma-recording.mov - Google Drive).

Is it supposed to work like that or is a bug ?

I know i could create different property for every nested component to avoid this problem but I would painful to use.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the video recording! I’m checking with our internal team, and will get back to you when I have anything I can share with you.

Thanks,
Toku

Hi there,

As I checked with our internal team, they hope to investigate with your file, so could you reach out directly to the support team with a copy of your file: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

Please make sure you use the email associated with your Figma account, include links to the file in question, and share Edit access with support-share@figma.com. Don’t worry, inviting us to view your file won’t impact your billing!

Thanks for your help,
Toku

Hi !

Thanks for your quick response, I’m sharing the file with them.

Regards